Roundhill Tennis Club is committed to provide a safe and inclusive tennis environment at our club. Our Welfare Officer is responsible for creating a safe and inclusive venue for everyone.
If you have any concerns about a child, young person or adult at risk you should raise this with our Welfare Officer.
You can also contact the LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team on 020 8487 7000,
or the NSPCC 0808 800 5000
More information on safeguarding can be found on the LTA website: https://www.lta.org.uk/about-the-lta/policies-and-rules/safeguarding-protection/
Roundhill Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements. A copy of the club’s full safeguarding policy is available above and in the clubhouse. The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Roundhill Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis.
Roundhill Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Roundhill Tennis Club will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The club’s policy and procedures will be monitored, widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Roundhill Tennis Club. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.
To access our safeguarding documents please click on the links above. A paper copy of all our safeguarding policies, guidances and other supporting documentation, can be found in the Welfare folders or on the welfare notice board, in the clubhouse. Please do not remove these from the folders. The only document which can be removed is the ‘Reporting a Concern’ form should you need to complete one.
Should you have any questions or comments please contact, Bel Poultney, Welfare Officer at